Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sending the Seniors Off!

One of the best things about following my students as their English teacher from Freshman year to Senior year means that I get to develop some amazing connections and watch them grow from kids into adults. BUT- one of the WORST things about following my students from Freshman year to Senior year means that when I send them off, it is such a bittersweet moment.

I am SO proud of everything they have accomplished, how much work they have put into my class, and what amazing adults they are developing into. They are unique, interesting, compassionate, intelligent, special, focused, diverse, fun, funny, beautiful people.

I will remember each student and I will treasure what they have taught ME about what it means to be a teacher when needed, a friend when required, and a mentor when asked. I can't wait to see where they end up and where their individual journeys take them because I KNOW they will accomplish some amazing things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...